Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Walgreens

The Walgreen by our apartment has been having several "grand openings" with special fliers. This week's circular had a $3/$10 coupon on the very front page. And on the other side a transfer Rx get $25 coupon (I picked up 3 of them and used 1 for the $-off coupon.

Understanding that the Walgreens "game" is similar to the CVS one. You have to pay for some things before you can start rolling over register rewards or the amount you put on a giftcard (I am using the giftcard option in lieu of the money rebate since you get 10% more).

Anyway, here's my very first Walgreens trip!

January 11, 2009 Sunday:
$2.67 3 Propels on clearance for $.89 each
$1.39 Maybelline blush on clearance
$9.99 Revlon Matte blush (January rebate)

- $1/1 Revlon
- $1/1 Maybelline
- $3/$10

= $9.72 Oop

I'll be receiving $10.98 on a gift card for the Revlon.

I'll be heading back today to get some more of the free after January rebate items. I have a feeling I'll be spending more out of pocket this week, but it will all even out and make me money when I get the giftcard.

No comments: