Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas at Target 75% off!

Based on what I've been reading on many blogs, most people have been disappointed with the Christmas clearances and noted that many stores have stayed at 50% or don't have the inventory they used to have. Thankfully, this is not what I encountered at the Target in Wheaton. There were literally aisles and aisles of 75% off Christmas items. A lot of it was disorganized and some of the things looked picked through and broken, but I was able to find some great stuff!

My loot:

$1.25 Swiffer "holiday" pack - I love that the things that don't even appear holiday-ish go on sale. This particular "holiday" item just said it was a holiday item but it came with a swiffer 360 duster and a box of 5 refills (on clearance from its' original price of $4.99 - not bad!)
$.82 Hersheys Bliss Dark Chocolate
$3.81 3 boxes Hersheys Snacksters 100 calorie packs (I love these for lunches - these were in the regular food clearance)
$1.96 2 boxes of Fruit Roll Ups on clearance $.98 each! Couldn't pass these up (also in the regular food clearance)
$1.17 3 jars of Pillsbury frosting (these are holiday themed green vanilla frosting with a separate pack of sprinkles - I figure we'll use the green frosting when it isn't December but even so these don't expire till 2010!)
$.99 Red silicon baking spoon (I actually need one of these but because it has a snowman on it, it was also marked down from $3.99)
$.87 green wrapping paper
$.87 red wrapping paper
$.96 3 holiday bags with snowflakes on them (great for Christmas -or- Hanukah)
$.74 3 pack Scotch tape - this was also on clearance 75% off and has a $1/1 coupon for the cutter which is on sale for $1.24 so you get both items for $.98!
$1.24 Scotch cutter

and 2 items for myself
$6.24 clearance black trousers for work
$4.24 clearance black long sleeved shirt for work

- $1/1 Scotch

And I used the $5 giftcard I received from the Keebler promotion a few weeks ago and used the remainder of another giftcard I received as a birthday gift and put $16.37 on the $100 giftcard I recently received from Capital One so nothing out of pocket.

No comments: