Friday, January 23, 2009

Target Raises Prices

I remember when I was so excited to go to Target to get fruit roll ups since normal price they were $1.97. Unfortunately, they are no longer under $2, the last Target I went to had them for $2.19. While the 22 cent increase doesn't seem severe, that's still 11% (I'm not sure if this is just locally or by store - I will check another Target to be sure). I don't know how many other items are affected but I'd personally keep an eye out for rising shelf prices at places that are your "go to" for when items aren't on sale and in fact, I recommend to always check the price, especially for items you buy weekly.

I wound up buying more fruit roll ups today at Shoppers. I will post the whole trip shortly.

At Shopper's they are 3/$7 = $2.33 a piece. I bought 4 ($9.32) and used 2 $.50/2 coupons that tripled (-$3.00), after coupons cost me $6.32/4 = $1.58 a box.

No comments: