Saturday, January 10, 2009

Safeway

I'm starting to get a little annoyed with the Safeway deals and how sneaky they are sometimes. I ran into a minor snafu today, but the clerk ringing me up was so nice that she took the $5 off no questions asked. Much to my relief, since the CS at my Safeway is subpar at best and there's never anyone actually at the customer service office area anyway.

Anyway, here's what I got. I stocked up on things we use often the most often: cereal, pop tarts & lunch meat:

$1.50 Nature's Valley granola bars with special super saver coupon
$4.95 5 boxes of Frosted Cinnamon pop tarts (the small boxes but for $.99 with no limit, I stocked up for at least a few weeks)
$11.97 3 boxes of Frosted Mini Wheats
$7.98 2 boxes of Cocoa Krispies
$2.00 large bag Safeway brand frozen peas
$3.60 6 things of yoplait yogurt
$1.89 loaf of bread
$11.95 5 packages of Hormel natural turkey breast (with super saver coupon - the best I've seen these is 2/$6 - $2.39 a box was a great deal)
$2.49 97/3 ground turkey (with super saver coupon)
$2.99 tub of garlic hummus

- $.50 Nature Valley
- $.50 doubled Nature Valley (made it $.50 for the box)
- $.40/6 Yoplait
- $.40 doubled Yoplait
- $1/1 Coco Krispies
- $1/1 Coco Krispies
- $5.00 5/5 promotion

= $42.52 Oop

Even though the cereal was on the expensive side (I think I might have missed the deal but the cashier was very nice and rung it through anyway) here's what it turned out to be per box.

$11.97 3 boxes of Frosted Mini Wheats
$7.98 2 boxes of Cocoa Krispies

- $2 for the Cocoa Krispies
- $5 for the promotion
= $12.95/5 = $2.59 a box. Not bad - about what I would have gotten it for if I had waited for a sale - I am also fresh out of Mini Wheat coupons. I wish I had extras!

No comments: