Monday, January 19, 2009

Hickory Farms & Ebates

Hickory Farms is having a great sale. A week or so ago most of their holiday sets were 75% off, this week many of them are 85% off and since shipping is calculated by the cost, not by weight, the shipping is even cheaper this week (it's pretty pricey to begin with so be forewarned). However, thanks to a special coupon offer: use SIZZLE or CLIPPER in the special coupon offer box, you will receive an additional 15% off and if you go through Ebates you'll get an additional 4% back from the purchase!

I'm not sure whether to include this in my weekly or monthly budget but I've made 2 separate orders. One last week that just arrived today and one this week which should be shipped soon. Some of the items are going towards birthday or holiday gifts this year, some of the items are things I know we will use (at least a couple of the sausages are going to be used for the south american dish I make fairly often), I plan to grate some of the cheese to freeze and use for other dishes - not sure which. Either way, either we or someone close to us will be using all of the items.

The items from Order #1 are:
1 Warm & Hearty Welcome Gift Box
1 Summer Sausage and Cheese Gift Box
1 The Sausage & Cheese Slicer Gift Board

This amounted to the following items:
cheese
6oz Smoked Gouda
7oz Edam
8oz Cheddar
7oz Sharp Cheddar
7oz Mission Jack Blend (I already know this I'm shredding for Mexican dishes)
4oz Swiss
7oz Havarti
4oz Three Cheese & Onion Wedge
6.5oz Apple Pie Cheddar

meat
3-12oz Beef Summer Sausage (36oz!)
7oz Beef Summer Sausage 1/2 eaten
7oz Ham Summer Sausage

spreads/mustard
2- 3oz jars sweet hot mustard

We also got a cutting board with cheese/sausage slicer but it seems a little wonky - will try to fix because I was hoping to gift that to my dad for father's day this year.

And some of those little strawberry candies. I don't know how many because my fiance quickly stole them away from me to eat, I presume (or hide).

I spent $30.63 including tax and shipping and will be receiving 4% back (roughly $1.20).

I would like to know from you, fellow bloggers, which cheese above would be good to shred and freeze? Would you combine any of it? What are some dishes you like including the above ingredients?

Just to break down this first Hickory Farms purchase.
56.50 oz of cheese = roughly 3.5 lbs
50.00 oz of sausage = roughly 3.11 lbs
1 cutting board
2 jars of mustard

Knowing how much cheese costs around here, I doubt I could get it for any cheaper at the local grocer, even on sale, so I'm pleased.

No comments: