Friday, January 23, 2009

Cuisinart + Cheap Cheese = $$ Saved

I'm planning on making this recipe that I found on Money Saving Mom.

My fiance and I received a very nice Cuisinart from my parents as a housewarming gift a couple months ago but I've been nervous to use it because it seems so complex. So many blades and attachments! Either way, I finally decided that today would be the day because I had cheese to shred to make my dinner.

I shredded a 8oz block of Big Barn Cheddar from my Hickory Farms order, rough price, $1.50.

Just referencing prices from Giant for the same cheese:
Giant Brand 8oz shredded bag = $3.00
Sargento 8oz shredded bag = $3.69
Kraft 8oz shredded bag = $3.99
Nature's Promise 6oz shredded bag = $3.69 (would be $4.92 for 8oz if existed)

Saved? Anywhere from $1.50-$3.42!

No comments: