Sunday, August 31, 2008

Costco & Target

Wow, 2 posts in one day! I guess this is what happens when you actually have energy! Actually, the boyfriend and I had been planning to go to both Costco and Target for some time now. Cosco to get him on the membership plan now that we live at the same address and Target for another rack for the kitchen (we have a serious lack of closet/cabinet space in the apartment).

At Costco we gassed up his truck for $3.45 a gallon, and also bought a lb jar of sliced dried garlic (we love garlic and I use a lot of it in my cooking). The jar cost $6.15, but I had a giftcard with a low balance on it, so it cost us $4.98 Oop.

Then we stopped at Target for a rack for the kitchen. It's a "chrome" 4-tierd wired one that should be good for some pots and pans. It was $29.99. We also scoured the clearance racks and found some Puffs 4-box tissues on sale for $2.50 which I had a $1 off coupon for, and I found a Venus Embrace razor pack on clearance for $6 which I had a $2 coupon for. For the 3 items, we wound up spending $39, but since I have a $100 giftcard from capital one we spent nothing Oop.

Running tally for this week: $24.27/$59.22

No comments: