Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Welcome

I use several other journaling websites, but I've started this blog after reading some of the money-saving blogging sites.

I have always been a fan of saving money and enjoy getting a good deal and while I know my bank account is growing (I've been saving quite a bit of my take home pay since I started working full-time 2 years ago), I want to make sure I really stay ontop of myself.

I just recently moved in with my boyfriend of a year and I'm trying to figure the best way of budgeting (especially for food) for us. I am the cook in the relationship and the kitchen is more of less my domain (if I weren't around, he would sustain himself on pop tarts, pretzals and fruit roll ups!) and I also do the food shopping. I'm a huge coupon/sales shopper - him, not so much. When we were talking finances, he wanted to know how much he should pitch in for groceries, and I estimated $25 a week from him, which surprised him. So I want to see just how much we are spending on groceries once we get settled (the first week, I bought quite a bit to stock our pantry and freezer).

I do most of my other shopping (household items, beauty, bath, paper products) at places like CVS and Rite Aid and usually spend little money - yes I do the game and sometimes wind up making money too!

My plans for our grocery budget include breakfast, lunch (we bring to work) and dinner. After this week, I am hoping to spend at most $50 a week on food items (the first two weeks in the apartment I spent close to $250 but then again, I was moving in with a bachelor who kept his cupboards near bare).

Oh, and in case you were wondering Stubber is a combination of our two last names.

No comments: