Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I have to say that I am really proud of myself because during a trip to CVS today, I paid $0.00 out of pocket! And then I made $8 in Extra Bucks! I was so proud of myself that when I came home, I exclaimed my excitement to my boyfriend and although he isn't really into this sort of thing, he was even impressed.

Here's what my transaction looked like:

2 bags Dove chocolate $6/2
5 boxes of theater candy $5/5*
1 12-count 12hr Alavert D

-$2/$10 CVS coupon
-$2 off Alavert CVS coupon
-$3 off Alavert manuf. coupon
-$9.95 Extrabucks

=$0.00
And I got $8 in Extrabucks back ($3 for the Alavert/$5 for the candy)

* I first ran into some problems, because even though the theater candy was advertised as a dollar each, they range up as $.99 cents each, which put me 4 cents under the $10s required for the candy deal. Thankfully I caught it before I walked out of the store, or else I would have been very annoyed.

I did have a bit of an upset this shopping trip, as I was tired from work and really wanted to get it over as quickly as possible, though I was looking forward to it this morning. My plan was to stop at Superfresh to do the Kelloggs deal and also redeem my Rain Check (I had gotten one a few weeks ago for 12-pack pop tarts for $1.49 which is a great price - and my boyfriend goes through a box of the frosted brown sugar ones a week) so I was going to stock up with the $1/2 Kelloggs coupons. However, when I got to Superfresh, they had no brown sugar pop tarts in a 12-pack, so I had to go to another grocery store.

I finally got to Giant (only 5 or so miles away, but this is the DC Metro area we are talking about!). Anyway, I finally got there and stocked up on quite a bit of good stuff. Although, I'll have to go back to return a can of soup that was marked down but didn't ring correctly.

My purchases include:

18 cups of Yoplait yogurt $10/20
6 packages of low-fat turkey breast lunchmeat $3/2
4 boxes of Kelloggs 12-pack pop tarts $5/2
2 boxes of Kelloggs Nutrigrain bars $6/2
2 boxes of Kelloggs rice kripy treats $5/2
2 enormous boxes of Kelloggs (apple jacks and frosted flakes) reduced to $1.80 each (!)
2 Vidalia onions $1.30
3 lb bag of white potatoes $2.99
1.5 lbs peaches $2
1 gallon skim milk $3.99
1 can of Healthy Choice chicken soup (clearance 50% off) $1.25

then my coupons
-$1.20/18 Yoplait
-$1/2 poptarts
-$1/2 poptarts
-$1/2 cereal
-$1/2 Nutrigrain
-$1/2 Rice Krispies

=$50.23 (although I'll be returning a $2.50 item rung up incorrectly so that will really be $47.73)

After I redeem the rebate it will come down to $37.73 - not bad for 40 items!

No comments: