Thursday, August 7, 2008

Today after work, I had to pick up some loose ends. The only thing we needed after my grocery shopping on Monday ($43) was milk, bread and pretzels.

My first stop was CVS, where I purchased:

1 crest toothpaste $2.49
1 colgate toothpaste $2.99
2 loaves of bread $6.99

- $1 off Crest coupon
- $1 off Colgate coupon
- $2/$10 CVS coupon
- $5 Extrabucks
paid = $3.46 out of pocket
received $3.50 in extra bucks

Then I stopped over at Shopper's Food Warehouse where I purchased:

2 lb bags of Utz Pretels $4.50
1 gallon of skim milk $3.99
= $8.49

See, I could have gotten the bread at Shoppers for $3 or less if I had picked a different brand or type, but it was better to get at CVS with Extrabucks (and I still have $20 odd Extra Bucks stored away).

On my receipt I got a couple coupons besides the Extrabucks, including a transfer Rx to CVS, get a $25 gift card which I'll be using in the next few weeks. Plus, we got a mailer with another 2 of them for moving, so in the next month or so, my bf and I will make $75 off of CVS. Excellent.

No comments: