Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Picky Eaters

One of the main things I struggle with in regards to the budget and grocery shopping is that my boyfriend is a pretty picky eater. Strangely enough, he has absolutely no pickiness when it comes to dinner food, which is great because it gives me the option to experiment. However, there are some things that he doesn't seem to budge on (though I've been working on it, believe me). He's a bit of a kid at heart (let's ignore that he's a 28 intellectual with 2 Master's degrees).

Here are the foods that he just won't give up:

Betty Crocker fruit roll ups
Kelloggs Frosted Mini Wheats - for some reason these are almost never on sale (even with other Kelloggs on sale). He also will not try the other flavors that have had rebates along with them. Very frustrating!
Kelloggs Frosted Brown Sugar Pop Tarts - He will not eat generic or any of the other flavors, or unfrosted! Very picky. Thankfully, we are well stocked, at least for awhile - as I previously mentioned, he goes through about 3-4 12-pack boxes a month!.

So, although I don't think anyone actually reads this thing, where have you all gotten the best deal on the above items?

I actually was perusing the food section in Target yesterday, and they stock the fruit roll ups for $1.99 a box, far below the grocery stores, that usually advertise specials of $2.00 or $2.50 a box! Guess where I'll be getting my fruit roll ups in the future, Target of all places!

1 comment:

Laura said...

i buy my sugary/chewy snack items from Target because they're almost always cheaper, and sometimes you'll find them in the "bulk items" part of the store (where they'll package 3 boxes together and reduce the overall cost, or something similar).

i'm with him on the frosted brown sugar pop tarts. thems things are TASTY!

i see coupons for pop tarts fairly regularly in the paper...do you get at least a copy of the sunday paper for coupons?