Friday, August 22, 2008

Amazon Grocery

Amazon's Grocery section is currently having a deal in which you can take an additional 40% their clearance grocery items here with the code AUGMKDWN. I was hoping to make an order that had some of the things we buy often: Kelloggs frosted mini wheats, minced garlic and fruit rolls up, although I was kind of curious if it was worth it (sometimes more doesn't mean less money).

Unfortunately, the only item that was eligible (or worthwhile) for the deal was the fruit rolls ups, but it turned out to be a great deal (especially since I received free shipping).

I purchased:
14 boxes of 10-count fruit roll ups

The original "clearance" price for these is $35.44/14, or $2.53 a box. That's not a good enough deal, since you can buy them at Target for $1.99 and other places for $2.00 depending.

However, when you add the 40% off, it comes to $21.26/14 or $1.52 a box. A much better deal.

Worth it to me so I don't have to look every week where they are on sale - usually more than $1.52 anyway even with the coupons (which are usually $.80 off 2, or less).

This is apparently over September 12th so if there is something there that you generally buy, it might be a good deal.

Running weekly tally: $48.11
Even with this big purchase, I think we'll be under budget this week!

No comments: