Wednesday, August 20, 2008

"Post Points"

This entry is for those in the Washington Post delivery area.

Although my boyfriend would tell you otherwise, I do get the daily paper and not just for the coupons, though they are a nice perk. However, what I didn't know was that The Washington Post would send me something about their Post Points program. As a daily paper subscriber, I am eligible for "Platinum" membership (Sunday only subscribers get "Gold" and any old Joe that likes the Post can sign up for the Silver membership.

If you buy the Sunday paper at the store every week, I would recommend subscribing. Not only do they currently have a promotion giving you all the daily papers free with any Sunday-only subscription, you are eligible for higher levels of this program.

Basically, they automatically start you off with 1500 points, you can earn points buying items at participating stores, reading the paper online or taking little quizzes. Then you can redeem these points for items in their store (gift certificates, items, etc). The 1500 they give to start will get you a $5 gift certificate for free just for being a Post subscriber.

Additionally, with my membership card, they threw in 2 coupons, 1) Buy 1 Papa Johns pizza, get one free (savings if I recall correctly up to $15 or so) and 2) Take $10 off a purchase of $50 or more at Shoppers Food Warehouse. I'll probably use both and I would be safe to say that most families would too.

So, if you normally buy the paper anyway, this could save you $30 just by signing up. Sounds good to me.

No comments: