Saturday, August 30, 2008

Free $ At Giant!

Getting a daily paper, we usually wind up with at least doubles of some of the circulars. This week, we had doubles of the Giant one, including doubles of the transfer Rx, get a $20 gift card coupons. My boyfriend had already redeemed one of them yesterday but had another Rx to fill (the poor thing has a pretty nasty sinus infection!) so he asked me whether or not I thought they would accept it again today. I said it didn't hurt to try. Turns out, they didn't even raise an eyebrow and now we have $40 in gift cards to Giant (that is at least a week's worth of groceries for us!).

Tonight's dinner was a leftover hamburger crumbled and some fresh and frozen vegetables in quick scrambled eggs, and I'm making this recipe again from over at Money Saving Mom for dessert. If you remember from last time, I changed the recipe around a bit. This time, I did some alterations again.

I used:

4 eggs
6 cups of oats
3/4 c sugar
1 c applesauce
1 c low-sugar peach mango juice
4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1/2 c. canola oil

We'll see how it turns out. This time I'm planning on freezing half of it for snacks since last time we lost half of it due to mold. Boo! Hopefully individually wrapped frozen portions will keep it from going bad this time.

No comments: