Saturday, September 20, 2008

Safeway

Well, in my excitement over the buy 5 get $5 off sale I went a little haywire this week (ie over budget) and actually messed up the deal and had to return some items when I was done, but in general, I would say the trip was a success.

I purchased:

2 packs of Tava
2 boxes Fiber One bars
4 boxes Nutrigrain bars
3 packages Oscar Mayer shaved turkey breast
1 Activia Light Raspberry
2 boxes Frosted Mini Wheats (large 24oz boxes)
1 box 100-calorie pack
1 can Meltta Coffee
10 bottles lemon-lime Gatorade (at .59 cents each I couldn't pass these up, the boyfriend loves it)
1 loaf whole wheat bread
1 gallon skim milk
2 boxes Nature Valley granola bars
2 packages Keebler cookies
2.95 lb gala apples (on sale .89 cents a lb!)
5 lb bag potatoes (on sale for .99 cents!)
6.22 lbs chicken thighs (on sale .99 cents a lb!)
1 box Bisquick Heart Healthy (large 40z box)

= $44.24 Oop (after the return of 4 items)

Running tally for this week: $71.10/$50 $21 overbudget but I feel ok about it

The other deal I was hoping to pick up was the Honey Bunches of Oats which was long gone... oh well. I did spend enough and we do have plenty of cereal.

No comments: