Friday, September 26, 2008

Frugality Budgets & Money

Most people on the web that blog about money will list their super secret skills and how to be frugal. Most of their ideas focus on taking things out from your life that give you a little pleasure. Why spend money on the movies when you can invest it in a mutual fund (well, now that is questionable), but why go to the movies when you can netflix? Why netflix when you can rent DVDs from the library? Why buy the expensive brand of [insert item here] when you can get the store brand for 50 cents less?

Well, why live life without living life now?

Sure, do spend within your means, but somehow I manage to buy my favorite brand of nearly everything (this is especially true at the grocery/drugstore) and still keep my costs down. It is true I am only budgeting for 2 people, but I don't foresee my habits changing that much in the future.

I think if you get happiness from a certain brand of paper towels (like my boyfriend does, and I have to admit, I've grown fond of them myself), buy them. Buy them on sale with coupons, but you can still buy them. You don't need to sacrifice everything if you are still budgeting well.

Just my 2 cents.

No comments: