Sunday, September 28, 2008

Giant & Safeway

Well today in the DC/Metro area, it feels like summer outside, which is a decent change from the rain we've had the past couple of days. I hit 2 stores - both packed, I guess the Saturday shoppers went today instead of yesterday and I don't blame them.

Giant:

2 Glade gel plug-ins (yay! They were actually in stock - thanks to Money Making Mom for the heads up on these at Giant and Safeway)
2 boxes of Keebler Cookie Crunch (on sale 2/$4)
2 boxes of 12-count Cinnamon Frosted Brown Sugar Pop Tarts (on "sale" 2/$5)
1.17 lb red peppers (on sale for $1.99/lb)

- Buy 1 get 1 free Glade ($1.79)
- $1/2 pop tarts (expires today)
- $1/2 Kelloggs cereal (expires today)
= $11.34 which I paid with one of our giftcards so $0.00 Oop, plus I got $4 back from the Glade deal

Safeway:

2 cans of Safeway brand black beans (on sale for $.84)
1 can of Safeway brand pinto beans (on sale for $.84)
2 bags of Safeway brand marshmallows (on sale for 2/$3 - I'm making Cheerios Krispy Treats with the excess cereal we have around here)
1 dozen Lucerne large eggs (on sale yesterday and today only for $1.28, limit 1)
6 Yoplaits (on sale for 5 for $3.75 - I had a coupon for 6)
2 Lysol NeutraAir (on sale for $6.99 each)
2 Lysol toilet bowl cleaners (on sale for 2/$5)
2 Glade gel plug-ins (more expensive at Safeway, $1.99)
2 Arnold bread (on sale for Buy 1 get 1 Free)
1 Healthy ones Turkey (on sale for $2.69)
5 navel oranges (on sale yesterday and today only 5/$1)
2.00 lb gala apples
1.73 lb sweet yellow onions (on sale 10 lbs for $10... but you don't need to buy 10 lbs, thank goodness)

- a bunch of coupons plus a $2.50 off shopping order I received last time

= $33.00 Oop plus I got $4 back for the Glade deals

Running tally for this week: $33.00/$50 + $16.48 = $66.48

I was way under budget last week to the tune of $48.17! But I'm not going to roll over, given that in previous weeks I've gone over, and it'll all equal out in the end. I am, however, going to add a rebate I received back from Rite Aid ($16.48) to this week's budget and I will continue to add rebates to budgets the weeks I receive and/or cash them in the future, and not include them when I'm calculating weekly tallies.

Running tally for last week (Sept 21-27): $1.83/$50

In other good news, the boyfriend had to refill a prescription today and I urged him to use one of our Rite Aid, transfer Rx get $30 giftcards at CVS, which he was a tiny bit apprehensive about but there is a huge red sign in the front of the store urging you to do just that and Rite Aid only lets you use their coupons every 6 months, so we have yet another $30 giftcard for CVS in our arsenal.

Hooray.

No comments: