Monday, September 15, 2008

Rite Aid (Success!) and Superfresh (less success)

I made two stops (though they are in the same shopping center) after work today, Rite Aid and Superfresh.

This particular Rite Aid actually had the L'Oreal cleanser that turns out free (actually, makes me $1 after rebate/coupon)

Rite Aid transaction:

$5.99 L'oreal Cleanser
$.88 M&Ms

-$1/1 L'oreal
= $6.29 which I put on the giftcard I'm still going through so $0 Oop

Superfresh:

Now, this was unknown to me, but Superfresh does not take internet coupons which completely destroyed the Cheerios deal I was trying to do. I even was basically forced to argue with the front-line supervisor saying that General Mills sent me the coupons and I did not copy them, but they would not budge. They gave me a number for corporate and said they would probably send me a giftcard... reasonable, I suppose. Anyway...

2 (small) boxes regular Cheerios
2 boxes fruity Cheerios (select GM cereals half price - Cheerios were about $1.59 a box)
3 boxes hamburger helper (on sale $1 each)
3 bottles Pepsi products (on sale $.79 each)
3 bottles seltzer water (3/$1)
3 pretty bowls for the counter (75% off, came to $1.76 each)
1 box sweet n low (50% off)
1 large package pork chops ($2.79 lb plus -$2 MGR special coupon - came to $6)

- $.75 (doubled)/3 hamburger helper
- $.75 (doubled)/1 fruity cheerios
- $.75 (doubled)/1 fruity cheerios
- $1.00/2 cheerios (wanted to use 2 of the $1/1 from the challenge, grrr!)

= $21.30 Oop

Running tally for this week: $26.86/$50

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! It really inspires me to do better at budgeting. I eat out usually every day, but reading your blog gets me really excited to make changes. Thank you!

Stubber Budgeting said...

Christy:

Thanks! If you ever need any help or advice or want to chat, let me know. =)