Saturday, September 27, 2008

CVS - Toilet Paper Expedition

After realizing that we were down (and nearly through) our big multi-pack of Charmin', I was off to CVS again today to do the Kimberly Clark deal. Of course, I promised I wouldn't be out long so I fumbled a bit and bought more than I needed to, but that's ok. It's going to be fall/winter soon so I have no doubt we'll go through the Kleenex.

Also, even though both the Gatorade & Kimberly Clarke deal say limit 1 in the circular, they are still showing up as "active" at the bottom of my receipt. I don't know if any of you have tried doing the deal multiple times, but I may early this evening if I'm feeling up to it. I slept till 1pm today and am generally under the weather, plus this morning we had a leak coming from the 4th floor neighbor's washing machine (it was fun, came dripping through the vents!) so I'm a bit less energized in general. Planning on going food shopping tomorrow.

Anyway, I purchased:

$12.98 2 12-roll Cottonelle Ultra
$6.00 Kotex tampons 36 ct
$2.00 Cottonelle wipes
$5 Kleenex tissues
$3.89 1 gallon skim milk

- $2/$10 CVS
- $1/2 Cottonelle
- $1/1 Cottonelle wipes (CVS coupon from red machine)
- $1/1 Kotex
- $3 Extrabucks
- $4.99 Extrabucks
- $7.00 Extrabucks

= $16.88 which I paid with a giftcard for (the total should have been $10.00)
I have $1.05 left on my giftcard and a new one with $6.88 on it
I received $10 in Extrabucks from the deal

*edit*
Well, apparently, I didn't overdo it, the idiot cashier charged me for 3 toilet papers even though I only bought 2. I just drove back to the store. The cashier made me go back into the store to get a toilet paper so he could return the item to me and was not apologetic at all and slightly annoyed. I just wrote an e-mail to CVS customer service. Hopefully they'll address it.

I was given $6.88 back onto another gift card and was just over the $25 required for the deal, so I did not mess up, but was right on track (I spent $25.98 before coupons on Kimberly Clark products).

No comments: