Wednesday, September 10, 2008

CVS

After printing out 2-$1 off Chex Mix coupons and the $3 off Renuzit, I wanted to get back to CVS to do a couple more deals before the week was out.

I purchased:

$8.97 3 Soft & Dri Pulse Deodorants
$7.99 2 Schick Quattro disposables (buy 1 get 1 free)
$2 2 bags of Chex Mix
$7.99 1 Renuzit tri-scent
$4.49 Act Restore mouthwash
$1.00 Gatorade

- $2/$10 CVS
- $.75 Soft & Dri
- $.75 Soft & Dri
- $.75 Soft & Dri
- $1/1 Chex Mix
- $1/1 Chex Mix
- $3/1 Renuzit
- $1/1 Act
- $2/1 Schick
- $2/1 Schick

- $3 Extrabucks
- $15 Extrabucks

= $1.94 Oop
Received: $3 EB for Renuzit, $6 EB for Soft & Dri, $2 EB for Act = $11

Running tally for this week: $40.19/$50

2 comments:

Becki said...

I've been reading your blog for a few weeks and really enjoying it. I have two questions that I was wondering if you can answer. I am new to this whole couponing thing!

1. Can I use two different coupons on one item? For instance, if I have a coupon for $1.00 off of a cereal, and another coupon for $0.50 off of the same cereal, can I use both for $1.50 off the item?

2. If my coupon is for more than the item itself (for instance, the grocery store had a sale on a brand of pasta, making it $0.80 when my coupon was for $1 off), can I still use it or is that against policy?

Thanks a lot!

Stubber Budgeting said...

Becki:

Thank you! And here I thought no one read it!

1. No. The rule is generally 1 coupon per item. Though this does work in your favor if you do something that is buy 1 get 1 free, because even if you are only paying for 1 of the items, you are still buying 2, so you can use 2 coupons.

2. You can definitely still use it! Sometimes they will only give you the discount up to the item price, sometimes they will allow overage if your grocery bill is over $1.00 and other times they system won't allow it but the cashier will ring it through for you... in some cases, if you want to be safe make sure the amount of pastas is not over the amount of the coupon(s) - but this usually depends on the store.

Hope this helps!

~Ivy