Friday, September 26, 2008

CVS - Fumbling Cashiers Are Oh So Fun

I've done my share of retail, in fact, last fall, I worked retail part-time on top of my full time job and part-time graduate school studies. PS - That's not often a good idea unless you want no social life - although during that time I managed to meet my boyfriend, so nevermind, disregard said advice. Either way, some people are not made for retail, and my cashier tonight was one of those people. The fumbling, if anything were to go wrong he/she freaks out sort of cashier. What wound up happening was instead of waiting 2 seconds while I went to grab my Extracare card, he started ringing up the items, then at the end after coupons, I was at a negative amount. Flustered, he exclaimed slightly exasperatedly that he would have to void and re-ring the entire purchase.

He had, of course, misplaced some of the coupons, which I pointed out to him, arguing with him didn't do anything and he wound up missing one in the end, which his manager reimbursed after I had left and come back in. It was only $1 but it's the principle.

Anyway, I bought:

$6 6 Sobe Waters
$9.99 1 Hershey's big pack
$7.50 3 bags of Hershey chocolate of various sorts

- $2/$10
- $1/2 Sobe
- $1/2 Sobe
- $1/2 Sobe
- $1/3 Hersheys
- $2/1 Hersheys
- $11.99 Extrabucks
- $2 Extrabucks

= $1.83 Oop

Received $3 in Extrabucks from the Sobe deal and $7 from the candy deal = $10 in Extrabucks back

Running tally for this week: $1.83/$50 - though I was $20 over budget last week and I am going food shopping tomorrow... hmm

The good news about this visit was the Sobe lifewaters had coupons on them for $1/2, which I used 3 of (I bought 6 even though the promotion was only good for 5). And I had a $2/off the big Hershey's bag that printed out from the amazing red coupon machine of awesomeness.

No comments: