Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Too Good To Be True

IMPORTANT

Giant won't let you use more than 1 -$10 voucher at a time. I just learned that after spending $50 on toothpaste and deodorant. Oops.

Now the question is, is the deal still worthwhile knowing that I will be spending quite a bit out of pocket in addition to the products for the giftcards? And also knowing that at least at my Giant location, nearly all of the giftcards are $25 at the minimum.

Would it be horrible of me to return most of the products? Does anyone know of any Giant locations that even have $10 giftcards or even $15?

I should have known this would happen. Deals too good to be true.

Well, asides from CVS. CVS "too good to be true" deals usually are true.

I'm a bit dissapointed and a bit annoyed. Blah. What to do what to do?

*edit*

After reworking the numbers, it looks like as long as I can find some $15 gift cards, it is worth it. As long as I buy $15 certificates, I'd only be paying $11.51-$12.95 for them out of pocket, which is pretty good if I can find any (I managed to find $6 worth of $1 off Crest coupons in the tubes with free samples - there's a little folded up thingy inside with 2-$1 off coupons in it) so I was able to get the last 2 vouchers for $6.51 including tax + $5 is only $11.51 for a $15 giftcard, saving or making me $3.49 per card x 5 = $17.5.

4 comments:

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

Sorry you were the guinea pig, but thanks for letting me know.

My Giant had $10 GCs for Blockbuster, and some $15s--Toys R Us, Staples, and hmmm...I forget. Can you try a different Giant? They might have better selection.

Stubber Budgeting said...

I'm going to check out another location tomorrow and hope I can find something! My Giant had $10 giftcards for Itunes, but only in $30 bundles. Wish they were separate!

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

I just got back--my Giant had $15 to Starbucks (which I bought to purchase three $5 GCs for the preschool teachers), $15 for TRU, Baja Fresh, Chili's, and a lot of other restaurants. If you get really stuck, let me know, and we can work together by mail. :)

Stubber Budgeting said...

I just may take you up on your offer! I just reworked the numbers and as long as I buy $15 certificates, I'd only be paying $11.27-$12.95 for them out of pocket, which is pretty good if I can find any (I managed to find $6 worth of $1 off Crest coupons in the tubes with free samples - there's a little folded up thingy inside with 2-$1 off coupons in it).

Anyway, today unfortunately I had a migraine but I'll be checking out another Giant tomorrow. Cross your fingers for me! =)