Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Take Out

Tonight is the first time I've been so exhausted that I haven't had time to cook and we have ordered pizza. We did use a buy 1 get 1 free coupon that I received from The Washington Post Post Points program so it is costing us roughly $22 ($21.12) to get 2 large pizzas (including tax and tip). We will obviously not finish it tonight so it'll be lunch/dinner (with some sort of vegetable when I have more energy) tomorrow. Usually I don't count "eating out" as part of our grocery budget, but since this is "eating in" I am.

running weekly tally: $37.50

*edit* 2 slices a piece was far more than enough to get us both full so there are now 12 slices of pizza in the freezer (which thankfully reheats well in the oven) which means that we have another 6 "quick" meals ready to go. Some quick math tells me that the $21.12 divided by 7 meals equals $3 a meal. Not too shabby.

No comments: