Monday, December 22, 2008

CVS - Utter Disaster

I have had several CVS trips between yesterday and today but have not had time to blog due to my crazy work schedule and holidays. I am working part-time at a makeup store in the area for the holiday season and have recently gotten some crazy hours that force me to get up at 5am. I am not exactly my best at 5am, and even less so if I would so happen to stop at a store after an 8 hour shift on my feet.

That being said, I absolutely love working at the store that I do because customer service is really our #1 focus and it's so fun working there - we can do so many things for customers that other retail stores would never do, so it's a complete 180 when I stop at say, CVS and run into one problem after another. At "makeup store" we go above and beyond. Our return policy is basically, if you ever dislike a product, you can return it no questions asked (though if you return without a receipt over $100 worth of products, it needs a manager's ok). We sample out products, we give things away.

So, today's CVS shopping trip was especially annoying (might I add, after being on my feet for 8 hours and having just come in from the freezing cold).

I get my items. I go to check out. Everything is fine, until the receipt prints out, or should I say, doesn't print out, unless you count a mangled white piece of paper printing out.

The cashier's printer basically destroyed my receipt, including the $10 or so Extrabucks along with it, and oh, all the products I bought, along with their prices (usually, I double check my receipt after purchasing to make sure they haven't charged me full price on marked down items... I'd say 1/2 times at least they have and it has to be checked and I get refunded the money on a gift card) so of course I wanted my receipt printed. The supervisor claimed that he could not reprint extrabucks (false) and that I needed to call the 1-800 number (no way was I waiting on hold for 10+ minutes for a store mix up). There was also no way for him to reprint the receipt, help me or do anything else. I was pissed. So I said that I wasn't calling the 1-800 number and that he should do it for me and I've been to several CVS locations that do know how to reprint extrabucks. He claimed I was lying. It took him 10 minutes to go to the office to call the 1-800 number - he came down to say that he was tired of waiting on hold (oh really? How funny! That's exactly why I wanted him to call!) and was going to give me the extrabucks in cash. Now this of course does not correct the receipt issue but I accepted the $10 and walked out of the store and my purchase summary below will confirm or deny whether or not I was overcharged. If so, I am calling the 1-800 number and going... umm [expletives] and demanding some amount of my money back.

Anyway, here's what I got, roughly - since I have no receipt!

$5.98 2 Listerines
$3.99 Excedrin

$4.50 gallon skim milk (I have no idea how much this cost but let's say $4.50 to be safe)

$2.99 Physician's Formula bronzer (clearance)
$1.75 Styli eyeliner (clearance)

$1.00 WetnWild cream eyeliner (clearance)
$1.00 WetnWild brow kit (clearance)
$1.99 Rimmel Foundation (clearance)
$1.99 Rimmel Foundation (clearance)
$.75 Essence of Beauty lipgloss (clearance)
$.75 Essence of Beauty lipgloss (clearance)

$7.99 Revlon lipgloss (supposed to be 50% off and buy 1 get 1 free)
$7.99 Revlon lipgloss (supposed to be 50% off and buy 1 get 1 free)
should have cost $3.995 for both

Plus some 75% off Altoids (I have no clue, let's assume $1)

- $1/1 Listerine
- $1/1 Listerine
- $2/1 Excedrin
- $2/1 Physicians Formula
- $2/1 Styli
- $1/1 Rimmel
- $1/1 Rimmel
- $2/1 Revlon
- $2/1 Revlon
- $2/1 Essence of Beauty (from CVS beauty book)
- $2/1 Essence of Beauty (from CVS beauty book)

= $14.685

I was told it was $22 before my Extrabucks (I only paid $.21)... looks like it was the Revlon. Looks like they overcharged me at least $7.99 - not insignificant. I'm going to call.

See? Wasn't that fun?!

*edit*

I just called the store and told the supervisor that I dealt with that he overcharged me for the items. He was pretty unapologetic (I was not surprised - he was nasty in the store) and told me to call the store manager tomorrow.

I basically ignored him and called CVS customer service, where I spoke to a lovely lady that apologized several times and is fixing my Extrabucks and told me to keep the $10 that the supervisor gave me in lieu of the extrabucks for the things that I overpaid for.

No comments: