Saturday, December 20, 2008

Shoppers

I figured I'd make a Shopper's trip today even though I know when I do my calculation tonight I'll be way over budget this week, but I'm ok about it considering in the past 2 weeks I've only spend $25 a week, so I have money in the "bank" so to speak. Anyway, this shopping trip was a breeze and I guess because everyone is in the holiday spirit people apologized if rounding the corner too fast and weren't mean in line. I had the same cashier as last time and she was a hoot - also the ladies beyond me were basically in awe after they heard my total and I told them about the Vocal Point program (which really helped me out this trip - can't wait to use the $2 off the Kashi bars whenever they go on sale).

Anyway, my purchases:

$1.79 Gerenic Rice Krispies (my FMIL -future mother in law- sent us 3.5 lbs of Plush Puffs and Rice Krispies are the only cereal we don't seem to have in the house so I bought generic so I'll make treats sometime this week)
$1.50 Sweet n Low substitute
$2.19 Minute Rice instant brown ($.19 after $1 off that doubled)
$2.00 4 smaller bags of those Marvel gummies I bought last trip
$4.00 4 Sobe Life Waters (had $.40 coupons for each that tripled, made me $.80)
$15.96 4 boxes Hillshire Farms turkey breast (once again there are $1 off coupons attached to these that double)
$10.00 8 del monte fruit cups (wound up costing $2 total after Vocal Point coupons)
$1.49 Wholly Guacamole (made me $.50 cents after $1 off that doubled)
$2.39 Green Giant steamfresh veggie blend ($.50 that tripled)
$1.99 Colgate toothpaste (free after $1 off on back of circular that doubled)
$2.39 Nivea chapstick ($.39 after $1 off coupon that doubled)

total was $15.92 out of pocket including tax after coupons

"You saved a grand total of $33.29 or 68%"

No comments: