Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Yesterday's Shopping Trips

I decided not to go to Safeway to use the $10 off $50 coupon. We are really well stocked on food, especially since my mother brought over an enormous pot of chicken soup which we are still trying to eat through (and there's another container in the freezer!). So, I've just picked up some odds and ends. Yesterday I was able to get a lot done.

At CVS I finally found the beauty book and there's also a magazine "reinventing beauty" with the beauty book in it plus other coupons for $.99 - so now I have 2 sets. I also bought some candy corn that was 90% off, and I spent $1.33 Oop.

At Costco I renewed our membership and also bought a large bottle of minced onion (we use a lot of minced onion and garlic): $3.30 Oop

At Walmart I picked up the following:
$18.97 Sterilite cart for the closet (obviously not part of the grocery budget)
$.92 lb macaroni
$.92 lb macaroni
$.60 Campbells cream of mushroom soup on roll back
$.60 Campbells cream of mushroom soup on roll back
$6.97 special muffin cups (also not part of grocery budget but I needed them)
$1.18 cornmeal
$2.98 Crisco vegetable oil on roll back

I used the rest of my Walmart giftcard that I've been working through and paid $5.10 Oop.

I also went to Target and picked up a muffin tin, a grey tank top (on clearance $2.48) and a dust buster which we have needed so badly! None are part of my grocery budget but I finished using my $100 Target giftcard and spent under $15 out of pocket after the giftcard was used up.

We also received our dehumidifier in the mail! Now that it's almost winter we shouldn't need to use it too much, but we generally don't have to turn on the AC when it's hot since we're on the first floor - but it gets really humid - but it should be helpful come spring or during warm days.

Out of pocket expenses towards grocery budget: $9.73
Running weekly tally: $16.29

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your shopping trips..! You really got nice deals at WalMart.