Thursday, October 30, 2008

Oh Men...

When my boyfriend said we were running low on paper, my last expectation was trying to print out the Kellogg coupons only to be hit with the pop up "you are out of paper" on his computer (I was able to print 4 - the limit is 6 btw). See, he doesn't quite have the same stockpiling mentality that I, and most of the budgeting blogging world has (there was no extra pack of paper to look for, though I attempted, because it doesn't exist!).

This is not to say that I would buy 100 reams of paper with no place to keep them or that you must stockpile everything, however, there are some things that I know I'll need and if I find a good deal on them, I will buy - sometimes multiples of. It is hard to anticipate needs when you are not using a product but I do the best I can.

The boyfriend thinks I am sometimes ridiculous, but then after awhile, he understands that I am not buying in excess. I am buying things we will use anyway, eventually and thus limits the "Oh my goodness, we're out of [blank]" trips to the store, which waste both time and money and are just a pain.

But I'm still working on him. Obviously, when he said, "we're almost out of paper" he meant it!

*edit*
Well, thankfully Staples was having a sale on HP multipurpose paper, $3.59 a pack (of 500) with their free membership which I just signed up for. I bought 2 packs - paper products aren't in the weekly/monthly budget, but I do love getting a good deal. These usually retail for $6 a piece!

No comments: