Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Another CVS Post ... Surprised? (and Rite Aid & a little Walgreens too)

Tried another CVS in search of the men's razors and could not find them. This is the 3rd CVS I checked. Maybe I'll find some at the one I hit tomorrow... maybe not.

Anyway, we needed batteries. I got one of these - "Jimi" with the free $20 Brookstone giftcard I had from the purchase I made for my parent's anniversary, except I paid $12.50 and also bought "Bob" for my Dad's birthday. I wound up spending $9 out of pocket for an item we needed (we needed an indoor thermometer anyway and I needed a night-stand alarm clock - this is actually perfect) and a gift, not too shabby. Anyway, I needed batteries for "Jimi" and will be giving the batteries needed for "Bob" for my dad, so it worked out perfectly. I also received a $5 off $30 coupon from the red coupon-spitting machine of awesomeness, so I wound up doing the Eucerin Redness Relief deal also.

I bought:

$5.99 Duracell 8-pack AAs
$5.99 Duracell 8-pack AAs
$5.99 Duracell 8-pack AAAs
$1.69 Fuze Empower
$1.69 Fuze Empower
$14.99 Eucerin Redness Relief lotion
$8.99 Eucerin Redness Relief cleanser

- $5/$30 CVS CRT
- $4/1 Eucerin lotion
- $2/1 Eucerin
- $1.50/1 Duracell
- $1.50/1 Duracell
- $1.69 Fuze

and lots of Extrabucks...

Brought the total down to $15.70 which I paid with a giftcard. And I made the following in Extrabucks: $12 from the Eucerin, $1 for the Fuze (my last 1! I'm sad, I really like that stuff, but won't spend the $ on it without the extrabuck) and $5 for the Duracell batteries = $18 in Extrabucks!

I also stopped at Rite Aid to grab the Rx I filled on Friday. Received a $30 gift card and they gave me another booklet of transfer Rx get $30 giftcard coupons. I also bought a Sally Hansen lip treatment, which was 25% (also came with an extra free 1 in the package) and I used a $1 off coupon. I will make $4.71 back (I paid $4) so even with tax I'm out ahead, and though technically I should be counting it as part of this week's budget, I don't think I'm going to, as it is, I'm getting over $30 back from the Rite Aid trip. I'm going to have to figure something out with that, since the numbers really aren't reflective.

Oh, I am also excited that a Walgreens is opening up less than 8 miles from our apartment. It isn't open yet, and I hope they do some sort of deal when they do, but I am looking forward to adding it to my arsenal of great drugstores that save us money, so if you have any advice on how to start off with it, let me know. I already know to do the giftcard thing instead of a rebate since you receive an extra 10% on the rebate amounts and to pick up the books. Can't wait till it opens!

3 comments:

taxiismygame said...

My Rite Aid will only allow one gift card with a transferred RX per person within a 6 month period. Any experience with this? They will give you all the coupons for the free gift card as you want, but still only one per person within 6 months.

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

I can't find those stinking razors either. Frustrating!

I can't find your email--I wanted to respond to you about the freezer stuff. ginava3 (at) yahoo

Stubber Budgeting said...

taxiismygame:

Check the coupons. Recently, they have removed this 6 month requirement at least in the MD/DC area. I think they are losing competition to CVS, which accepts the coupons from Rite Aid, but double check to be sure. I hate transferring without any coupons!