Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Car Accident

my poor bumper =/

That is my bumper. I was in a car accident last night, in a bit of pain, but it could be far worse, thank goodness.

Now here's why this has to do with frugality and why some things are worth paying for. I pay $20 every 6 months for rental insurance (which means I don't pay for a rental car in case of collisions that cause the car to become undrivable). My car has sustained at least 8-10 days worth of fixing the damage (I haven't heard the estimate but the representative said the car is pretty beat up) but I wasn't at fault (i got slammed from behind and then rolled and hit the lady that stopped short in front of me - in other words, I was in an accident sandwich) and I need a rental car. I am paying nothing but gas for it (it's usually $22.50 per day). So completely worth the $40 a year.

Insurance. Very important and not something to skimp on.

No comments: