Sunday, October 26, 2008

Kmart and Safeway

I went to the closest Kmart, which is less than savory. The place was a disaster area and all of Wheaton seemed to be there. I wound up giving up at checkout - there were only about 7 items in my cart and it just wasn't worth it.

Then I went to Safeway where I purchased:

$1.88 Cap-n-Crunch cereal (also got a "best girlfriend ever" comment from the boyfriend until he realized that I liked them also muwahahah)
$1.88 peanut butter Cap-n-crunch cereal (")
$3.75 gallon skim milk
$1.99 Greek yogurt (small container, but had a $1 off coupon)
$1.99 Lucerne lb unsalted butter (special price today only!)
$1.99 Lucerne lb salted butter (special price today only!)
$2.00 2 Attune wellness bars (found my last buy 1 get 1 free coupon)
$2.59 whole wheat bread
$6.00 2 packages of Hillshire Farms hearty sliced turkey (had $1 off 1 on both packages - made it $2 a container!)
$2.99 2.99 lb of russet potatoes
$2.01 2.01 lb of sweet yellow onions (both onions and potatoes on sale for $1/lb till Tuesday, I believe)
$2.00 frozen peas (big bag - Safeway brand)

- $1/1 Hillshire Farms
- $1/1 Hillshire Farms
- $.55 bread
- $1.79 Attune
- $1/1 Greek yogurt
- $1/2 Cap-n-Crunch

= $24.73 Oop

And of course the lovely Girl Scouts were standing out in front selling their cookies. The boyfriend loves tagalongs and I love thin mints and I figured the $10.50 I spent on the 3 boxes (2 of the tagalongs) was well worth it - it was not in our budget and is a once a year purchase, but my boyfriend exclaimed that I was "the best girlfriend ever" for purchasing them and it goes to support the community we love so that's how I ok-ed the purchase.

Running weekly tally: $69.12 (though I really shouldn't be counting the Rite Aid costs since I'll be getting all plus a little extra back)

No comments: