Saturday, September 5, 2009

Yard Sale Day!

The yard sale went surprisingly well. We were able to unload most of the free after coupon items (or made money after coupons) that I had accumulated from different drugstore, namely CVS and Rite Aid. The things that went the fastest, the $1 a tube toothpaste! I have made it a point recently after acquiring quite the stockpile to only stock up if I could make money off the item. So, most of the items were things that I had bought where the store paid me to take it home and then some random yard-sale goer bought it to take it away from me!

Anyway, the clothing that didn't sell is on it's way to Goodwill. My husband and I were so exhausted and hungry that we stopped at a local restaurant on the way back (since the servings are huge it will serve as dinner as well).

We set up shop at approximately 8:30am though we advertised the yard sale starting at 9am we got a few early birds around 9:45am. We would up closing up shop about an hour early since we had mostly run out of things and we were exhausted.

We started the day with $30 in singles, $20 in quarters and $10 in five dollar bills...

We didn't even crack open the second roll of quarters:
$10

We ended the day with the following amounts:
$140 in 20s
$35 in 5s
$19 in 1s
$12.75 in quarters

= $216.75 - $60 = $156.75

My husband and I have decided to use this money towards our movers since they usually require cash anyway. He'll go cash in the small bills towards larger ones.

No comments: