Friday, September 11, 2009

CVS & AHHHH!

No, there is no store in the DC/Metro area called AHHHH! - that just shows how stressed out I've been lately**. We move into our new house tomorrow so our life has been a bit hectic to say the least.

I did go to CVS on Tuesday to buy some milk (had some Extrabucks that were expiring). I spent under $1 - but I'll just leave it as $1 for budgeting purposes. I bought milk, a pack of starbursts for DH, gatorade (for move) and some band aids. They had boxes of CVS bandaids marked down to 15 cents! I bought 2 because this would be things we would need to move so I couldn't really stock up per say.

I few weeks ago, one of the websites that I frequent for deals had a special in which you could order $10 worth of food from Schwann's for free. I jumped at the opportunity to get some easy pre-prepped food for tonight's and tomorrow's meal (no fancy plates or cooking-related gear required). I wound up getting some turkey pot pies. DH is very very excited about the pot pies and even wanted to eat them earlier in the week but I reminded him that it was for the nights that we didn't have pots or pans available. I'm hoping they are tasty (they sure are big!).

Since we'll shortly own our own home (in fact, DH is at closing right now!), Stubber Budgeting will include more budget-friendly home improvement posts. I'm hoping my background in Architecture and my love for painting and power tools will come to good use and my skills aren't too rusty. I did survive unfurnished apartments in college by making things for a few years. I can't wait to make our house ours.

**(I am also dealing with a super awful head cold)

No comments: