Sunday, August 9, 2009

Giant & CVS

We needed bread, milk and turkey breast (DH takes this for lunch nearly everyday) and CVS has a 3-day sale again which includes a Revlon mousse foundation FREE after Extrabucks (I actually made $1 from it because of the $1 off Revlon coupon in the 7/19 Smart Source). Milk these days seems to always be cheaper at Giant (especially including the special buy 4 get 1 gallon free promotion). My Giant has gallons for $2.39.

Anyway, CVS:
$9.99 Revlon mousse foundation
$.50 pack of skittles (for DH)
$.50 pack of skittles (for DH)

I wasn't able to complete the candy promotion from a week or so ago, but they've rolled over my balance from the last time to this weeks promotion. I bought the skittles as a test but DH can think it was just me being my sweet self. =)

- $1/1 Revlon
- $1.00 Extrabucks
- $1.98 Extrabucks
- $2.00 Extrabucks

= $5.68 OOP
Received $9.99 Extra Bucks back and a free coupon for CVS brand 4pack AA batteries.

And Giant:
$2.39 gallon skim milk
$3.59 Stroehmann wheat bread
$0.00 Stroehmann wheat bread (BOGO free)
$2.50 Healthy Ones turkey breast
$2.50 Healthy Ones turkey breast

= $10.98 OOP

I probably have coupons for the turkey breast somewhere but I didn't really plan this trip and only remembered that we were nearly out of turkey breast when I got to the store. Either way, I wanted to grab it while I was out since we have evening plans (and knowing DH, he'll probably tell me we're out of turkey breast after he finishes the very last pack -- ahh men).

No comments: