Monday, March 30, 2009

Giant

I swear I will get to Safeway tomorrow before the promotion is over. It is good through the 31st right? I at least hope so!

Anyway, today was jam packed. The husband (woah that's weird!) and I went to open a bank account to save up for a honeymoon (and deposit some of the gifts we've gotten so far), I had some chores to do, including buying a few sports bras now that I'm exercising daily thanks to my new Wii Fit (wedding gift from my DH) - which I love by the way, money well spent even if it wasn't mine! I did however stop at Giant to grab bread, day's old bread for some bread pudding - anyone have any amazing recipes to share? and the Kashi cereal bars. I was hoping to use the Vocal Point coupons at Target but of course everything but the cereal bars was on sale. I have no idea if they are part of the promotion at Safeway but I didn't want to risk it since they expire tomorrow and I don't want to go to 2 grocery stores after work!

Anyway, here's what I bought:

$2.99 1 box Kashi cereal bar
$2.99 1 box Kashi cereal bar
$2.99 1 box Kashi cereal bar
$2.99 1 box Kashi cereal bar
$2.99 1 box Kashi cereal bar
$2.79 1 loaf day old challah for bread pudding
$2.89 1 loaf wheat bread

- $2/1
- $2/1
- $2/1
- $2/1
- $2/1

= $10.64 OOP

Thank you Vocal Point! Cereal bars came to $.99 each per box.

2 comments:

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

Yes, it's running through tomorrow. But don't worry, there's another Bigger, Better Promo starting on Wednesday (seriously, I need a break!).

And would you PLEASE get off the computer and go spend time with your new husband?!

Stubber Budgeting said...

Gina - LOL - Why is everyone saying this to me? We spent the whole weekend (plus Thursday) together and we live together. We aren't going on an official honeymoon for a little while but we do indeed spend a lot of time together and he always "bothers" me when I'm on the computer.

PS. A Safeway blog would be cool! At least we could rotate and you wouldn't be overwhelmed - though this is a good thing for our savings!