Sunday, March 15, 2009

CVS Safeway & Shoppers, Oh My!

Ok, the title is a tiny bit on the cheesy side, but given the deals this weekend, I could not pass up going to my 3 favorite stores (especially after I verified that our Shopper's was honoring the double $1 and free cereal promotion).

I made 2 separate trips due to perishables and made out pretty well, if I do say so myself!

CVS:
$.42 Kashi Go Lean bar on clearance (they only had 4 so I bought all of them)
$.42 Kashi Go Lean bar
$.42 Kashi Go Lean bar
$.42 Kashi Go Lean bar
$.88 Gold Emblem candy
$.88 Gold Emblem candy (had $1/2 coupon from red machine)
$2.99 Colgate Max with strips (or sparkles!)

- $1/2 GE candy
- $1.50/1 Colgate from All You

I was hoping to use Extra Bucks to pay for the whole transaction but there was a line so I didn't have a chance to grab filler. Ah well.

= $4.16 OOP
Received $2.99 back in Extra Bucks for the Colgate deal.

Then Safeway:

There are a bunch of promotions going on right now and I was stupid and forgot my CAT from the Post cereal (since it ends in 5 days, oops). I guess I'll be going to Safeway this week for milk which we are sure to run out of mid-week. Anyway, I'm holding off on using the other CAT to roll for the frozen food promotion which I plan to do once more before the month is out, but to be serious, we have no freezer space. Tonight we're having some freezer food to hopefully make some room!

Anyway, I bought:
$1.00 Kraft Mac&Cheese (super coupon made it $.49)
$1.74 Safeway orange cream seltzer
$2.50 Quaker granola bars (super coupon made it $.99)
$5.00 2- 1lb bags of Utz pretzal wheels
$4.55 250 count Sweet n Low
$1.99 Peter Pan Reduced Fat PB (super coupon made it $.99)
$2.99 Lucerne 18 ct eggs (super coupon made them $.97)
$2.99 Lucerne string cheese (super coupon made them $1.99)
$1.79 Stroemann wheat bread (super coupon made it $1.49)
$7.00 2 packages oscar meyer turkey breast (had $1/2 blinkie)

= $24.31 OOP
(saved $16.52 or 41%!)

And then Shoppers. Thanks to the Safeway "chill out" promotion and being well stocked on most things, I only got a couple things. Either free things or things we use anyway that were very cheap after the promotion.

I bought:

2 bags of Betty Crocker potatoes (free after coupon)
1 box Reeses Peanut Butter puffs - my guilty pleasure ($1 after coupon)
1 box Quaker simply harvest granola bars ($1.28 after coupon)
1 small bottle cascade (free after vocal point coupon - $3.75)
1 24 oz box Kelloggs Frosted Mini Wheats (free after Washington Post coupon!)
2 boxes Kellogg Pop Tarts ($2 for both after coupon)
2 packets fajita seasonings (free after coupon)
3 boxes Campbell V8 soups ($1.39 each after coupon)
$.50 2 mini "day old" pumpkin pies (sell by date of tomorrow)
1 4-pack Activia ($.79 after coupon)
8 cups Yoplait yogurt ($3.44 after coupon)

= $14.39 OOP
("You saved $26.75 or 65%!")
25 items.

1 comment:

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

I'm so disorganized--can you email me please since I can't find yours. I want to run an idea by you. Thanks!

ginava3 (at) yahoo.com