Saturday, February 14, 2009

Safeway & Happy Valentine's Day

Even though the wonderful fiance had roses delivered to our apartment this morning, we are technically celebrating the holiday tomorrow (we are going out for a fancy dinner at this fantastic restaurant - something we don't do often but enjoy when we do and this particular restaurant is one of our absolute favorites). I figured tonight was the perfect time to go food shopping, and it was, the Safeway I went to (that is usually packed) was nearly empty! It was such a delightful shopping trip and I got some wonderful deals.

There are tons of "Super Coupons" out and while I matched up some with manufacturer coupons, I didn't feel up to searching through my book to match up the rest. It didn't matter because the deals were so good. About 1/2 of them end tomorrow and 1/2 started in the last day or so and last through the President Day week. Definitely check your papers and/or storefronts for copies.

I purchased:
1 box Betty Crocker brownie mix (super coupon making it $.69)
4 bottles of Safeway flavored seltzer water (super coupon making them $.49 each)
5 lb bag of sugar (super coupon making it $1.69)
1 bottle of apple juice (for my fiance - he exclaimed I was the best fiance ever when I told him - usually I buy reduced sugar juices and this is just for him - he's silly btw)
1 bottle Wesson vegetable oil (super coupon making it $2.50 - I used a $.50/1 that doubled making it $1.50!)
4 boxes of Kelloggs Frosted Mini Wheats (super coupon made them $6 for all 4 or $1.50 a piece!)
2 packages of 50 count cupcake liners - not on sale but needed and helped get to the $10 requirement to get the deals
1 large bottle of honey (on sale and needed but not a super coupon)
1 bag mission tortilla (super coupon making it $.99)
2 dozen eggs - each 1 dozen - these are on sale for $.99 limit 2 which is a great deal. I'm glad I waited
1 loaf of Arnold bread (super coupon made this $1.69 - I used a manu for $1/1 from this month's All You making it $.69!)
3 boxes of Hillshire Farms various lunchmeats (super coupon made these 3/$8 or $2.67 a box)

The total was $33.95 for all 23 items. Not too shabby. And now I won't have to buy Frosted Mini Wheats for awhile. Whew!

No comments: