Saturday, July 4, 2009

Shoppers & Safeway

I went back to Shoppers to redeem my rain check from when Kelloggs cereal (and specifically Frosted Mini Wheats - my husband's favorite) were on sale. Well when I went through the checkout line, my cashier didn't even look at my raincheck so she charged me the wrong amount and I had to go to customer service.

The guy at the counter did not want to hear my explanation and told me he knew what he was doing and to let him do it without explaining. Well I think he messed up, cause looking at my receipts here's what happened:

Original transaction:
$12.00 3 boxes of Frosted Mini Wheats (should have been $9)
- $3/1 coupon
- $1/1 coupon

= $8.00

Then he proceeded to credit me $12.00 (he objected when I tried explaining it was incorrect).

And then he charged me the correct $6.00.

So.... 8 - 12 + 6 = $2.00

Yeah, I definitely accidentally paid $2.00 OOP for all 3 boxes of Frosted Mini Wheats. At least I tried to explain what actually happened to the CS cashier, but he heard nothing of it so I don't feel as guilty.

Anyway, then Safeway:
1 box Ritz crackers
1 box Wheat Thins
1 jar Hellmans mayo
5 boxes 12-pack Coke sodas
1 package Kraft american cheese 2%
10 jars of Yoplait
1 loaf of wheat bread
3 packages Hillshire Farms turkey breast

- a bunch of coupons (sorry lazy and tired here!)

= $28.52 OOP
(saved $45.26 or 62%!)

No comments: