Sunday, April 19, 2009

Is It Really Over?

It's amazing what a wedding reception can do to a week of blogging, or rather the lack of blogging! I was able to get to CVS this week and the husband picked up some bread, but otherwise, I was either making something, making lists of things yet to be done or worrying about last minute stuff. Thankfully, we have plenty of food in the house and didn't need to worry about things other than bread or milk, but I figured that a shopping trip would help calm me down so I hit CVS on Friday morning and the husband went and bought bread Friday evening since I was in no state to do so. I think between reception nerves and the weird weather fluctuations, my body said "No!" and I spent the entire day (except for the super short CVS trip) on the couch.

Anyway, mostly fun stuff was bought (except for the milk/paper towels):
$2.50 Nivea lipbalm
$7.99 Venus Embrace razor
$3.99 Colgate toothpaste
$4.99 Softsoap body wash/scrub
$7.79 Neutrogena mineral sheers blush
$7.79 Neutrogena mineral sheers blush
$3.39 gallon skim milk
$6.99 Skin Effect foaming cleanser
$7.49 Viva paper towels

- $1/1 Nivea
- $1/1 Colgate
- $1/1 Softsoap
- $3/$15 Neutrogena CRT
- $3/2 Neutrogena
- $3/1 Venus CRT
- $4/$20 CVS Beauty Coupon (was e-mailed)
- $5.00 Skin Effect CRT
- $10.00 Extra Bucks

= $23.40 OOP but really nothing thanks to a gift card!
And I received $2 for the Viva, $3.99 for the Colgate, $4.99 for the Softsoap, $4.00 for the Venus or $14.98 in Extrabucks. Not too shabby.

I also used a gift card so it wasn't really anything out of pocket. =)

Then the husband went to Safeway and bought (drum roll please):
$1.09 1 loaf bread

$1.09 OOP

We went out to dinner Friday, had a "dress rehearsal" dinner Saturday and of course the wedding reception meal earlier today. Plenty of food and plenty of leftover cake! Tiramisu, lemon curd and cream and chocolate mint cake for the win!

As far as blogging goes, I am not going to be posting a weekly summary since it would be so boring. Oh gee, $1.09! How exciting! But I've of course put it in my table for tracking purchases. Just think, I could spend $98 this week (not that I would, we have so much food) and still be under budget!

However, I am going to Safeway tomorrow to do a round of the new promotion out. I am slowly working through coupon matching set ups, plus I need to remember to roll the $10 from the Chill Out promotion. I also want to hit Shoppers to redeem my rain check. And I have to go to the MVA to get my license changed to my new name!

No comments: