Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Safeway & Old Navy

Usually I don't mention clothes shopping on here because it's not part of our $200/month grocery budget, but I thought this was too good not to mention. I had a gift card for Old Navy so I went there today for their $15 skirt and dress deal. I only recommend this if you need dresses or skirts, of course many of the dresses usually go for $29.50 so $15 is 50% off. Plus, check www.oldnavyweekly.com for coupons (this only works on regular or sale price items, not clearance). So today, I bought 3 dresses for $12.50 each because I had a 15% off your entire purchase coupon! The pickings were pretty slim and it's only Tuesday so I'd get over there before the sale ends on the 6th. I also think this is a good deal if you buy the dresses that go for $29.50 or so. It's not that great of a deal if the dress was originally $17.

Then I went to Safeway for more bread and various other things. We are nearly almost out of bread because I made egg salad over the weekend and my husband has been eating it for dinner almost every night (you'd think he'd get tired of it, but no - if only I could convince him to put some tomatoes or other vegetable on his sandwhich...). Either way, there were a bunch of Super Coupons in the paper which I took advantage of.

I bought:

1 bottle Motts apple juice (this and the Keebler cookies are $2.99 together, no coupon required till... today)
1 box Cocoa Puffs cereal
2 boxes Lucky Charms cereal
1 box Honey Nut Cheerios cereal
4 boxes Nature Valley granola bars
5 boxes Kraft MAC n Cheese
2 bottles Safeway orange creme seltzer
1 bag Keebler cookies
1 box Cheezits crackers
2 cans of tomato paste
1 loaf of wheat bread

= $21.19 OOP

"You saved $28.50 or 58%"
Besides the Super Coupons, I only used 2 regular coupons, $.75/2 Nature Valley that doubled and $1/3 General Mills cereal. Both were 4/$6 with Super Coupons. Not too shabby.

No comments: