Saturday, May 2, 2009

Safeway

The plan this weekend was to do the promotion again over at Safeway. Unfortunately, I've been feeling less than spectacular. Thanks to an accident in October 08 I have been left with a herniated disc that has not repaired itself like every single doctor I spoke to said it would. Thankfully, I have the best husband ever and he carted me over to Safeway, carried all the heavy stuff and has basically been treating me like a princess for the past, oh month. Don't worry, dear reader(?) I am heading to the doctor post-haste to get this sorted out, hopefully.

Anyway, my husband does not enjoy grocery shopping. He generally dislikes every type of shopping other than one that involves books and/or video games (both is a bonus). But he was very patient with me this trip and to thank him for taking the time to basically be my assistant/maid, I made it quick. So no promotion of adding calculating $3o worth of feel good items and matching coupons. We did a rather quick trip to just get some of what we consider essentials that we were running low on:

We bought:
$6.98 2 boxes of Post trail mix cereal (had 2- $1 off coupons and received $1.50 of CATS for the purchase)
$5.99 Diet Coke 12 pack
$5.99 Fresca 12 pack
$0.00 Fanta 12 pack
$0.00 Ginger Ale 12 pack
$0.00 Dasani water 12 pack
(promotion is buy 2 Coke 12 packs get 2 free and a free Dasani 12 pack free - good deal!)
$4.00 4 bags of various Snyder pretzals (on sale $1 a piece - these are the small ones but still over 50% off - usual retail is $2.49)

- $10 Feel Good Promotion CAT
- $.75 Post trail mix CAT
- $1/1 Post
- $1/1 Post

= $10.57 OOP
Not too shabby (saved 78% or $37.18).

No comments: