Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Safeway

Well, I added the $8.50 I spent in "groceries" to my Weekly Summary from last week, because well, when you spend under $10 I don't think a weekly summary would be all that interesting and due to my general lack of posting, it's still on the main page!

Either way, I finally got to Safeway today because we were out of bread, milk and lunch meat. This household really doesn't function all too well with at least some bread and some turkey breast. Even though I wasn't fully completely up to it, I went to Safeway, only armed with 2 coupons, which is very unusual for me. The resulted transaction was a lot better than it could have been. There are decent sales this week (there is currently a buy 5 save $5 sale going on for many cereal and other related items).

Anyway, I bought:

10 boxes of fruit roll ups (after the buy 5 save $5 these were only $1 each which is very good)
1 bottle of vitamin water 10 (free plus, I got $.22 overage after my $1 coupon got taken off - though it beeped)
2 12-ct boxes of pop tarts (not a very good deal at $2.99 a piece but we were running low)
1 package Kraft cheese ($.99 after super coupon)
1 gallon of skim milk (reg. price of $3.49)
1 loaf of Peppridge Farms cinnamon raisin bread (on sale for $1.99)
1 loaf of wheat bread (on sale for $1.09)
3 packages (3 lbs) of Butchers turkey breast (on sale for $1.99 each!)

= $29.44 OOP
I saved $34.32 or 54% even without coupons.

No comments: